Get stepping for the health of your Spine
We are well and truly into Spring, and the weather is is practically perfect. It’s time to take advantage of the warmer weather and extra hours of daylight by putting on those runners and heading outside for a walk.
In addition to improving your overall health (and fitness) these are some of the other benefits achieved by walking:
- It is inexpensive! No gym membership fees required here, this is an activity that almost everyone can participate in at a time and pace that suits your lifestyle best
- Walking helps improve your posture. Many of us spend countless hours at our desk and on our mobile phones, creating issues like ‘tech neck’ caused from the crouching position. Walking helps to strengthen the spine and maintain a natural upright position.
- The motion of walking also helps to rehydrate spinal discs. Through everyday movement, the pressure on our spinal discs causes the squeezing out of the discs water, and walking helps to allow for a higher flow of circulation, resulting in increased circulation of water to the discs.
- Continual walking promotes circulation to the spine. The increased blood flow helps bring the body into balance, increasing and improving stamina and even lowering blood pressure!
- Helps increase mobility and flexibility. Being a low impact exercise, the movement of muscles help to relieve tension which can build up in the lower back area
- Combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle, walking can assist with weight loss. Through losing weight, additional pressure on the spine and muscles becomes reduced.
- A great way to get social! Why not grab some friends and create a regular walking date? Having a consistent time reserved for walking with others is a great way to stay motivated, have a laugh and improve your health all at the same time.
Not only is walking a great way to get active and improve both your mental and physical wellbeing, it is also a simple way that you can look after your spinal health too.
If you have any specific questions regarding your individual situation or you would love further information please contact us here at Global Chiropractic on 54443388 or email [email protected]
SPECIAL OFFER: Global Chiropractic is currently offering new clients $180 worth of Chiropractic care for just $49. To get your $49 Chiropractic voucher, simply follow the link below: